Aims and Objectives
Music occupies an important place in the lives of children at Broughton Junior School. It is truly for all, and is there to be enjoyed to the full. Music encourages self-confidence, team spirit and creativity. At its best, the study of music is demanding yet immensely fulfilling and enjoyable, giving children a wonderful sense of achievement at every level. Above all, Music should inspire!
The aims of Music are:
- To give children of all ages and abilities opportunities to perform
- To inspire children to view Music as a highlight, so that they may be encouraged to join choirs and learn instruments in their everyday lives
- To instill in children a greater self-confidence and a satisfaction in their musical success, whatever their level
- To enable children to appreciate all styles of music
- To give children a sound education in key musical concepts; at the heart of their learning are singing and rhythmic skills based on the Kodaly approach